CCPO Ethical Code of Conduct
The promotion of ethical conduct and professionalism among Certified Concrete Pump Operators is essential to the standing of the pump operator profession.
The competency certification designation, that our Certified Concrete Pump Operators use to identify themselves in the workplace, is a symbol of their dedication to the Ethical Code of Certificants and to the elevation of the profession to meet regulatory and safety standards.
- A certified Pump Operator shall not engage in any deceptive practice or make any statement regarding the certification which is misleading or unauthorized by the certifying body, including claims misrepresenting the scope of the certification granted to the certified Pump Operator.
- A Pump Operator shall have full regard for the public interest, safety, and environment at the worksite.
- A Pump Operator shall inform construction site managers/supervisors if they are aware of any safety concerns relating to pumping concrete.
- A Pump Operator shall not maliciously or recklessly injure or attempt to injure, whether directly or indirectly, the professional reputation of others.
- A Pump Operator shall ensure that when providing a service which includes advice, such advice shall be fair and unbiased.
- A Pump Operator shall not divulge to any person, firm, or company, information of a confidential nature acquired during professional activities.
- Pump Operator shall carry out responsibilities in accordance with current safety regulations administered by federal or provincial / state designated authorities and standards identified in a CSA, ASME, ISO or the most current version of an enforceable standard.
- A Pump Operator shall inform the certification body, without delay, of matters that can affect their capability to continue to fulfil the certification requirements.
- A Pump Operator shall not to release confidential examination materials or participate in fraudulent test-taking practices, utilize any unauthorized aids during the examination(s), or otherwise engage in any activity that could be construed by the certification body as cheating.
- A Pump Operator shall not misuse the BCCSA / CCPO Certification, Certification Identity Card, BCCSA and / or CCPO logos, or any registered trademark or other intellectual property of the BCCSA.
- A Pump Operator understands that the Certification Identity Card is the sole property of the BCCSA and must return the card at the request of the BCCSA immediately if requested to do so.
- A Pump Operator must comply with all the relevant provisions of the certification scheme.
- A Pump Operator shall not to use the certification in such a manner as to bring the certification body into disrepute.
- A certified Pump Operator shall discontinue, upon suspension or withdrawal of certification, the use of all claims to certification that contain any reference to the certification body, including CCPO Wallet Card or Branded Materials. A certified Pump Operator shall return any certificates issued by the certification body immediately upon request by the certification body.